Tips for taking the best pictures
Tips for taking the best …
Photography is a fantastic art full of many possibilities. It is able to transport us to the most sophisticated fashion catwalk or to get in touch with our deepest humanity through an image of a mother who meets her son.
It is true that with the advancement of technology more and more people have access to a photographic camera through their cell phones, which is to be celebrated. However, not for this we have to put aside that photography is a vast art and if you are really interested in entering this world it is necessary to soak up the theory and then specialize in the field of your preference.
If what you are interested in is learning to take gastronomic, fashion, documentary photography or here we bring you some tips.
Who has not seen those pictures of appetizing food that immediately makes you salivate and run to eat the first thing you find. But how do you get those shots? The first thing to know is that behind the gastronomic photos that we see many times is a professional team that includes the chef and one or more photographers.
If you are in a restaurant and want to practice your shots, go ahead! Here are some tips:
– Focus on making the food look as delicious as possible, take your shots as soon as the dish is still hot as it will have more shine and texture.
– If you do not have a professional lighting kit, try to have a good source of natural light, but avoid direct rays on the table.
– Keep an eye on the ISO sensitivity so there is no noise, also make sure to use the aperture as open as possible to gain light and shutter speed so that you get as sharp as possible.
Photography and creative fashion direction
When it comes to fashion photography what you want to highlight is the clothes and the attitude of the model to create a brand image and be able to sell the product. It may sound easy to do, but it certainly takes a lot of work. If you want to start or continue improving this field, some tips are:
– Create a good concept before starting, it can be an attitude, aesthetics or history. But keep in mind that less is more.
– Choose the elements that will be present: makeup, wardrobe, location and lighting.
– Experiment with light, mix natural light with flash or white lights. Give the opening more time and allow the light to reach the entire shot.
– Get a little out of the environment you created and innovate a new one with the elements you already have or even jump into the adventure of going to a totally new one. Remember to take photos when the model does not expect it, so you will have a touch of reality.
Unlike the previous types of photo, here it is about showing reality to generate social awareness. So the first requirement will be to be interested in the subject to be captured.
This type of photography can be nourished by photojournalism, although they are not exactly the same. While the first focuses on capturing the news, the other focuses on reality. To take documentary photography, some tips are:
– Stay tuned to what is happening around you so that you do not miss any detail of what is happening.
– Create a story, take a thread between one photograph and another so that there is an internal continuity.
– Whenever possible shoot from different angles.
– Try to skip the flash to avoid disturbing the scene
To continue preparing yourself and become a great photographer in any field, practice will always be the key. These tips can help you continue perfecting in this art.