Make sure the scanner is turned on. Turn off your computer and scanner, then check the USB cable connection between them to make sure it is secure. The scanner may not work properly when your computer is in standby mode (Windows) or sleep mode (Mac OS X). Restart Epson Scan and try scanning again.
Also, How do I fax from my Epson ET 4550?
How do I send a fax using the Fax Utility in Windows?
- Open the file you want to fax and select the print command. …
- Select your product with the FAX option as the printer.
- To change the Paper Size, Orientation, Color, Image Quality, or Character Density settings, click the Preferences or Properties button.
Beside above How do I connect my Epson scanner to Windows 10? Configure Epson Scan for Your Connection
- Do one of the following: USB: Turn on your scanner and connect the USB cable from your scanner to the computer. You’re done; you can skip the remaining steps. …
- Select Network and select Add.
- Select the IP address for your product and select OK.
- Select OK again.
How do you power clean an Epson ET 4550?
Flushing the Ink Using a Computer Utility
- Do one of the following: …
- Click the Power Ink Flushing button. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you finish the Power Ink Flushing, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before printing.
- Print a document and check the print quality.
How do I connect my Epson ET 4550 to WIFI?
Selecting Wireless Network Settings From the Control Panel
- Press the up or down arrow button, select Wi-Fi Setup , and press the OK button. …
- Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
- Select the name of your wireless network and press the OK button. …
- Enter your wireless password using the numeric keypad.
Do Epson scanners work with Windows 10?
The Epson Scan might be set to Compatibility Mode after you upgrade your system to Windows 10. So the first thing you can do is verify Epson Scan is not set to Compatibility Mode. Follow these steps: 1) Right-click on the Epson Scan icon on the desktop, then click Properties.
Does Epson Perfection V39 work with Windows 10?
Epson Perfection V39 Technical Information
VueScan is compatible with the Epson Perfection V39 on Windows x86, Windows x64, Mac OS X and Linux. … Note that Epson drivers for Windows Vista or later will usually work on Windows 10. Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 or later will also usually work on Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra).
How do I connect my Epson scanner to my computer wirelessly?
Press the Wi-Fi button on the scanner’s control panel. From your computer or device, open the list of wireless networks and select the SSID shown on the scanner label. Then select the connect option. Enter the password shown on the scanner label.
How do I install my Epson printer?
Epson Connect Printer Setup For Windows
- Download and install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Agree to the End-User License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install, then Finish.
- Select your product, then click Next.
- Select Printer Registration, then click Next.
- Select Agree, then click Next.
How do I print double sided on my Epson ET 4550?
How do I enable automatic double-sided printing for my product in Windows or on my Mac?
- Select one of the following options for 2-Sided Printing: …
- Click the Settings button. …
- Select the double-sided printing options you want to use.
- Click OK to return to the Main tab.
- Click the Print Density button.
Why is Epson Scan so slow?
If scanning becomes slow, try these solutions: Scan your original at a lower resolution, if possible. Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. … If necessary, increase your system’s memory or reduce the resolution.
Why is my Epson scanner busy?
SOLUTION: A message stating that your scanner is busy may indicate that another application is still using the scanner driver. … If the scanner busy message appears for all your scanner software, you must reinstall your scanner driver.
How do I install Epson printer on Windows 10?
Select Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner. Do one of the following: If your printer appears in the window, select it and select Add device. Windows installs a driver for your printer, and your printer appears in the Printers & scanners list.
Why is my scanner so slow Epson?
If scanning becomes slower after scanning continuously with the ADF for a long time, the scanner may have automatically slowed down to protect the scanner mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the scanner rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try scanning again.
How do I update my Epson scanner?
Open Epson Software Updater from the Applications > Epson Software folder. If you do not have the Epson Software Updater utility, you can download it here. Select Epson Firmware Update by checking the box next to it, then click the Install button. Select Agree to continue.
Why does my Epson scanner says communication error?
Try the following: Make sure your product is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub. … Try restarting your computer. Make sure Epson Scan is set up correctly for your connection type.
How do I get my scanner to connect to my computer?
When Connecting the Scanner to the Computer via a USB Cable
- Turn on the scanner. …
- In the screen which asks whether or not to connect via Wi-Fi, press the [No] button.
- In the screen for selecting a connection method, select [USB] and press the [Next] button.
How do I connect my scanner to my computer wirelessly?
Install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth scanner
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
Why is my Epson ES 500w not scanning?
Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends. Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2. Connect the scanner directly to the computer.
How do I connect my Epson printer to a USB?
Plug the USB cable into the printer and the computer. Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, then click Properties. Click the Device Manager tab. If your drivers are correctly installed, EPSON USB Printer Devices should appear on the Device Manager menu.
Can I install Epson printer without CD?
If you are looking to install printer driver without CD, then you are in right place. You can install a driver with a USB that comes with an Epson printer. You need to download the latest driver from the printer manufacturer’s official website, in case of an old printer.
How do I connect my Epson printer wirelessly?
There are two basic methods used for wireless printer connection setup:
- Press the Home button on the printer to bring up the printer’s display.
- Press the Up arrow until Wi-Fi Setup is selected. …
- Press OK again to select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Use your printer’s Down arrow button until your Wi-Fi network is selected.
How do I get my printer to print front and back?
Set up a printer to print to both sides of a sheet of paper
- Click the File tab.
- Click Print.
- Under Settings, click Print One Sided, and then click Manually Print on Both Sides. When you print, Word will prompt you to turn over the stack to feed the pages into the printer again.
How do I scan front and back on one page Epson?
To scan a double-sided document in the ADF, press the Scan button, select your scanning method, then press the Menu button. Select Scan Settings > 2-Sided Scanning. If you are using the Epson Scan software, select ADF – Double-sided as the Document Source (Office or Professional Modes only).
How do I turn my Epson printer back to back?
Click the Page Layout tab, then select the Double-Sided Printing checkbox. Click Margins to open the Margins dialog box. Specify the edge of the paper where the binding will be placed. You can choose Left, Top, or Right.