Go to www.mycloud.com. Login with your MyCloud.com account credential. From the device listing menu, select your My Cloud device. Navigate and click on the file and folder to access your content.
In the same way Is WD My Cloud discontinued?
The My Cloud Desktop program has been End of Life (EoL) for a while now. After a recent WD firmware update (appears to be v2. x firmware My Cloud users) some users (both Windows and Mac) can no longer use that application to access their My Cloud remotely.
Subsequently, Can I connect my WD My Cloud directly to computer? To summarize all the debate below: you CAN connect the My Cloud directly to your computer via Ethernet ONLY. You CANNOT use the USB port; the My Cloud is an intelligent network device, not a dumb* USB drive. … You CANNOT use the USB port; the My Cloud is an intelligent network device, not a dumb* USB drive.
How do I find My Cloud home IP address?
How do I find my WD My Cloud IP address? You can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username, and password can also be found in the user manual of your router.
How do I update my WD My Cloud firmware?
Updating the firmware on your My Cloud
- Ensure that your WD device and computer are connected over the same wireless network.
- Launch the default browser and go to the My Cloud dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings and click the Firmware Update button.
- Go to the Manual Update section and click the Update From File button.
Is WD Backup no longer supported?
WD Backup software is no longer supported. Fortunately, you can download Acronis True Image for WD to continually back up and restore your WD hard drive.
How do I use My Cloud home without Internet?
Of course you can transfer data to the My Cloud without an internet connection. The My Cloud is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device. It connects to your local network via an Ethernet cable. You cannot connect a computer to the USB port on the My Cloud.
How do I access my WD My Cloud Data?
How to recover data from WD My Cloud Home
- Remove the drives from your WD My Cloud Home. …
- Connect the removed drive(s) to the computer. …
- Install UFS Explorer Professional Recovery on the computer and launch the program. …
- Find the WD My Cloud partition holding your data.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud without a router?
MyCloud WITHOUT a router?
- Connect WDMyCloud (NAS) directly to your PC via it’s lan port. …
- Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the PC network adapter which is connected to your AT&T router.
How do I access my cloud home from my computer?
First up, you want to plug in your WD My Cloud drive into a power socket, and then plug in one end of the supplied ethernet cable into your router and the other end into the dedicated ethernet port on the back of the NAS drive. Wait until the LED light turns blue before you fire up any programs on your Windows device.
How do I configure my cloud home IP address?
My Cloud Home Static IP Address Configuration
- Click Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center or Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings .
- Right-click on Wi-Fi or Local Area Connection.
- Click Properties .
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) .
How do I download from the cloud server?
How can I download content via mycloud.ch?
- Then click on the option “Download” within the blue navigation bar. …
- To download albums stored within the Photos section of your myCloud, select a album and then click “Download” in the blue navigation bar. …
- Then click on “Download” in the blue navigation bar.
What is the latest firmware for WD My Cloud?
How do I check my WD My Cloud firmware?
The firmware version can be found on the opening dashboard user interface of your My Cloud device.
Can I upgrade my WD My Cloud?
My Cloud OS 5 is a major and fundamental security release that provides an architectural revamp of our older My Cloud firmware and adds new defenses to thwart common classes of attacks. We recommend that all users upgrade to My Cloud OS 5 as soon as possible to benefit from the latest security fixes.
What is SmartWare on WD My Cloud?
WD SmartWare is designed to provide users with administrative controls over their external drives. Much like other software backup tools, WD SmartWare provides users with the ability to schedule automated backups at periodic intervals which will take place without requiring user input.
How do I restore a WD backup?
HOW TO RESTORE TO NEW COMPUTER
- Ensure that the WD hard drive is connected to your new computer.
- Once the application opens, click the Restore Files button.
- Now, you will be asked to choose the device you want to restore from.
- Select the connected WD external hard drive and click the Next button.
How do I access my WD backup files?
Then click External Devices Recovery.
- Connect the WD Passport to the computer. …
- Select the WD Passport. …
- You can preview some recoverable files after the scan. …
- Choose the files that are to be retrieved. …
- Note: You can recover your files easily with File modified date. …
- Select a task or image to restore.
Can we access cloud data without internet?
1 Answer. No, it wouldn’t be possible. You need internet connection to access resources hosted in the Cloud. You would need to store the files locally or on a physical data storage device in order to access them without the connection.
Can we use cloud without network?
Because cloud computing is based on the Internet cloud and depends on Internet access, if you don’t have Internet access, you’re out of luck. Without Internet access, you can’t run web-based applications or open documents stored on the web.
How do I recover data from my NAS drive?
Repairing Data from NAS Devices: a Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Disassemble your NAS device (e.g. WD MyBook)
- Remove internals hard drive(s) from the NAS box.
- Insert all of the hard drives into your PC, and connect them to available IDE or SATA ports.
- Run DiskInternals Uneraser, Partition Recovery or RAID Recovery.
Can MyCloud be hacked?
MyCloud devices make it super easy for customers to access their data remotely, but doing so also exposes them to attacks like last month’s that led to the mass-wipe of MyBook Live devices. “Luckily for many users they don’t expose the interface to the Internet,” he said.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to WIFI?
Connect your My Cloud Home
- Place the WD My Cloud Home near your router.
- Connect the power adapter to the My Cloud Home and to a free power outlet.
- Connect the network cable to your WD My Cloud Home and your router or modem.
- Wait until the white light comes on.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends !